• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SA agony aunt corner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA agony aunt corner

Dear SA,

My contract pays well, and has many benefits for me, but I’m board, should I move on and look for something new…

Gooner - Surrey
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

women all over the world are in just that situation

Simply close your eyes and think of england, it'll be over soon... promise
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
      Dear SA,

My contract pays well, and has many benefits for me, but I’m board, should I move on and look for something new…

Gooner - Surrey
      Cooooooooooooollll!!!! Can we make a friday Sally Anne aunt section???? pls pls pls

Dear SA,

my wife always watches boring programs on TV. How can I deal with this?

Thanks, and congratulations on your section, it's the most interesting on CUK.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Dear SA,

Is there a God? Chico says there is, but I'm not so sure.

Yours 'on the fence',

Wob
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Buy another TV and put it in a different room.

<ZeitGhost in SA mode>
          That's what my uncle did. And since then they spent 30 years in separate rooms.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
            Cooooooooooooollll!!!! Can we make a friday Sally Anne aunt section???? pls pls pls

Dear SA,

my wife always watches boring programs on TV. How can I deal with this?

Thanks, and congratulations on your section, it's the most interesting on CUK.
            Dear SA
            My wife also insists on watching boring TV programs, if I get up to leave the room she says "watch what you want" & offers me the TV remote, but then gets all stroppy when I switch over to the "Red Hot" TV channel.

I sense she really expected me to sit & watch the banal programme she was watching & was only being polite...why can't women say what they really mean?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

mine is like that also - it seems she wants the tv on and also wants to try and again me in conversation over which ever programme she is watching (which will invariable be something to do with buying or doing up a house or some dodgy celebrity dancing show..)

she does let me watch and football and top gear though so it is not all bad

Comment

My gf always watches the Animal Planet channel and talks through movies when I eventually wrestle the remote from her. How do I *@%!$~# stop this from happening?

Comment

My wife insists on watching crap on TV all night but if I do something like read a book she gets all arsey and says, "oh, so youre ignoring me know?!"

What should I do?
                  I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus
                    My wife insists on watching crap on TV all night but if I do something like read a book she gets all arsey and says, "oh, so youre ignoring me know?!"

What should I do?
                    Have sex with her younger sister.

Comment

Working...
                    X