• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommend MSSQL 2005 Training

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend MSSQL 2005 Training

Can anyone recommend a good training course for MSSQL 2005. I'm looking for a complete introduction from the perspective of someone who who knows the theory of RDBMS but knows nothing about MSSQL 2005.

This is the base of many products I use so I want to get under the hood a bit. I don't want a "click these buttons" course, I want something in depth that will spend a fair amount of time doing things like writing complex SQL statements. At the same time I'm not the quickest on the uptake and it might take me a long time to understand how to write complex SQL statements.

Anywhere in the UK is fine. I've looked at learningtree so far.

This course isn't being funded by me so, while obviously I want to get value, quality is more of a concern than price.

I charge £500 per day for training. PM if interested
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

http://www.powells.com/biblio?isbn=0764577557

I'll invoice your client £500 for training and send you this and we'll split the profits 50/50

What do you say?

Comment

I did the MS course M2779 thinking that it was about implementing SQL 2005 databases (as that was the course title - silly me) - it turned out to be all about changes to TSQL which wasn't of much use to me. Costs about £1K.

HTH

Comment

I bought the Guru series on SQL server - all I ever needed.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gurus-Guide-...e=UTF8&s=books
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
          X