• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Early Morning Knock on the Door

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Morning Knock on the Door

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6281555.stm

The hypocrisy of new labour is breathtaking they are quite happy for hundreds of police to raid an Asian boys' house and kick his door down at dawn - or even shoot an innocent Brazilian - but as soon as someone focuses on a "Blair Babe" all hell is let loose.

If Blair says someone is of the highest integrity, what conclusion would any right-minded person make?

"if you have nothing to hide ... blah blah"
    Johnny Talibani Mumbai

Comment

Used to happen to the Irish too, seems to have gone quiet on that front.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

I watched this story develope yesterday, via the Internet and only one brave news source was prepared to run with it, although all other other media outlets were aware.

This was:

http://the-daily.org/2007/01/19/ruth-turner-arrested/

At least one source was sufficient to cause pressure, which built up until the BBC and Sky both released the story almost simultaneously mid-afternoon, but emphasising that "she was released without charge", and NOT adding that she was released on bail, which is of course misleading. This was corrected later.

A fascinating insight into how the media are still heavily controlled by Blair, but also how Internet sources can and are overcoming Blair's news control.

Comment

Yet again I have covered this on my spectacularly brilliant blog earlier. The plain fact is that the unexpected dawn raid appears to be standard procedure for much less serious cases and is most especially appropriate when someone is suspected of destroying evidence which in this case is clearly what perverting the course of justice means.

The fact that this government is prepared to use governmental pressure to ensure preferential and deferential treatment for themselves illustrates once more how utterly corrupt they are.
          Last edited by xoggoth; 20 January 2007, 22:47.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

They did make the point that if they'd arrested her in the daytime they'd have had to do it where she worked, and that would have meant a police raid on No. 10.

Which would have been interesting to say the least.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/polit...995524,00.html

Some of the comments are great!

So one Cabinet colleague has said Blair would only call it a day if he really felt he was damaging the party. He has already damaged the party irrevocably but, in his delusional state, toxic Tony lacks awareness.

As for former disgraced Minister David Blunkett putting his tuppence worth in (accusing the police of 'theatrics'), he needs to shut up. Machine-gun Blunkett, who gave an order to call in the Army and machine-gun rioting inmates at a jail in 2002, seriously lacks integrity. And as if anyone is interested in his opinion, anyway.

'New' Labour has completely lost the plot. Shame on them for allowing themselves to slip and slide into this mess.
              A Prime Minister who allows attacks on the integrity of the police by government ministers has lost the right to govern

Comment

spherical objects

Originally posted by Lambros
                http://observer.guardian.co.uk/polit...995524,00.html

Some of the comments are great!

A Prime Minister who allows attacks on the integrity of the police by government ministers has lost the right to govern

You trust the Police? I take it you don't drive, don't have a yob problem and you've never been mugged/robbed?

The police have even less credibility than politicians (at least there's only a few hundred MPs)

Comment

At least banana republics grow bananas, what do we do?

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
                    Used to happen to the Irish too, seems to have gone quiet on that front.
                    Appeasing the bogtrotters is another mistake this government has made!

Comment

Working...
                    X