• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency 'Buy Out' fee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency 'Buy Out' fee

Anyone know of the top of their head how much the buyout is likely to be if company x want to employ contractor y on a perm basis. I was thinking about 20% of the first years salary, but what happens if the guy walks in the first few months. I should not be concerned but I would like to try and haggle a few things (if I am going to go ahead with the offer) with the company and need all the info to hand. Anyone been through it??

cheers in advance
    whats the lowest you can do this for?

It can be anything they feel like.

I've had demands from agencies around £5k for employees on £30k in my permie days.

The client it the only one that will know for sure.
    Last edited by Sockpuppet; 22 January 2007, 00:04.

Comment

If you are opted in and there are no clauses saying you cant go permie (or change agents) at the end of the contract then no fee is payable.

However if there are clauses that allow for you to be managed out (like three months extra then you can go) then apparently that is ok.

If you have opted out, then you are f8cked.

So, have a look at your contract and see what is..or isnt in it*

Mailman

*this advice is worth about as much as you paid for it.

Comment

Working...
      X