• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

thoroughly p****d off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thoroughly p****d off

After reading all of your comments about msc i'm really annoyed. I rang Giant the other day and guess what they offered me. POWERHOUSE!!!

Why are they still offering this? Are they thick?
    Macs are glorified Fisher-Price activity centres for adults

What were you doing ringing Giant in the first place? They are a waste of time and were completely dishonest in their dealings with me. Avoid like the plague.

Comment

Originally posted by BrollyBabe
      After reading all of your comments about msc i'm really annoyed. I rang Giant the other day and guess what they offered me. POWERHOUSE!!!

Why are they still offering this? Are they thick?
      Just goes to prove the point.
      Most (not all) of the company selling their services are only actualy after their fee and do not care about the long term or legal implications of their advice or service.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Before you get too frustrated, there isnt anything illegal that Giant are doing right now. In fact the changes to legislation are only in the proposal stage now. No shut down fees, no tie ins etc mean that for the next 8 weeks it is still a viable option. It would give you time to set up a well considered limited company whilst still working in a tax efficient manner.

and no before you ask, I dont work for Giant blah blah blah.(I have hammered them enough times on this board. I would expect Giant will offer a solution moving forward, but until there is more clarity then they wont offer anything else other than existing products.

you should vent your anger at something else. Maybe Jade Goody got a few minutes to spare to let you vent your anger!!

Comment

nothing new about this anyway

Giant have been using the composite option as a way of getting people signed up - but oops when your contract comes in it fails their IR35 test and all of sudden you are on a standard PAYE brolly scheme.

it has always seemed to me to be a bit of a scam just to get people signed up to Giant - so there is probably no reason why they would stop doing it until it actually becomes illegal.

To me it is just another company trying to make as much money out of contractors with little to no thought about the impact upon the contractors

Comment

Working...
          X