• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rochdale Swamp Donkey

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rochdale Swamp Donkey

This is from www.rochdaleobserver.co.uk

Suicide threat of ‘Lizzy victim’

ON TRIAL... Lizzy Bardsley is accused of punching, biting and insulting a boy. AN anguished boy climbed onto the roof of Rochdale bus station and threatened to jump after being beaten and called vulgar names by ‘Wife Swap’ star Lizzy Bardsley, a judge was told.

Mrs Bardsley, aged 33, of Hursted Road, Milnrow, punched and hit the boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, tried to knee him in the groin, subjected him to foul-mouthed insults and bit him, it was claimed at Bolton Crown Court on Thursday.

On April 19 last year he was taken to Rochdale police station after threatening to take his own life on the bus station roof.

AdvertisementHe was admitted to the John Elliot Unit at Birch Hill Hospital..

It was said that Mrs Bardsley, who shot to fame for her appearances on the Channel Four reality series ‘Wife Swap’, had called the boy ‘demeaning, demoralising’ names including ‘spastic’, ‘weirdo’, ‘backward’, ‘buck teeth’ and ‘Cuthbert’ as well as ‘disgusting, foul’ swear words.

Mrs Bardsley’s mother, Fiona Hallisey, said she saw a bump ‘the size of a grape’ on the boy’s head and an indentation on his right hand where he was allegedly bitten.

She said her daughter’s temper has flared up when she had been stressed, pregnant or hormonal.

Mrs Hallisey said: "Her anger blows up and then it’s over and done with."

The defendant’s older sister, Fiona Duffield, said she saw Mrs Bardsley beat the boy on Christmas eve, attempt to knee him in the groin and heard her call him an obscene name.

She told the court: "She hit him around the head twice with a clenched fist and hit him in the shoulder and she went to knee him.

"When she first hit him around the side of the head I was shocked.

"I said: ‘Stop it, that’s not right’. Then I saw her put her knee up so I said: ‘Liz, stop now’."

Wayne Jackson, defending, said swear words were part of Mrs Bardsley’s ‘day-to-day language’.

He said: "There is no distinction in her using swear words in conversation with adults and children."

Mrs Bardsley was reported to the police in January last year and went to Rochdale police station voluntarily on 2 March.

A tape of her interview with DC Andrew Pilling was played to the court.

Referring to the alleged assault on Christmas eve she said she ‘cracked’ the boy, who lives near her, once on the arm and once on the back and called him ‘a nasty little git.’

Asked by DC Pilling if she had ever lost her temper and regretted it after, she replied: 'No'.

On the first day of the trial on Wednesday, her sister, Jennifer Hallisey, described seeing Mrs Bardsley pushing the boy against a door and biting his hand before pushing him, hitting him and slapping him about the head before he ran away.

She said: "She was holding his hand in her mouth.

"I shouted: 'What are you doing?’ and she turned round."

She also heard her sister call the boy ‘disgusting, foul names’.

On another occasion she grabbed the boy by the collar and punched him in the jaw.

Miss Hallisey said: "She won’t accept that she needs help. She won’t accept that she’s got anger issues and temper problems."

Mrs Bardsley has denied three offences of wilful assault of a child under 16 and one count of wilful ill-treatment.

The case continues.
    ==================================
    Makes Jade look pretty tame!!!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

can we get her on Big brother?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

I'm not quite sure how calling someone "Cuthbert" is demeaning but that aside I've heard that TonyEnglish fancies her.
      I'm Spartacus.

Comment

"I've heard that TonyEnglish fancies her."

Not after I heard that Spartacus had been knocking her @rse off. Doing the RSD would be one thing, but the RSD and the sloppy seconds of Spartacus!
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
          "I've heard that TonyEnglish fancies her."

Not after I heard that Spartacus had been knocking her @rse off. Doing the RSD would be one thing, but the RSD and the sloppy seconds of Spartacus!
          Oysters or snails, Tony?

I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Working...
          X