• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The permies are quids in!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The permies are quids in!

Manager has just swaggered round the office handing out those grubby perforated edge envelope things they put in Sunday paper's supplements. You'd swear they all got golden tickets and not another 50 quid net per month! Bloke next to me has already got the calculator out to see how much more debt he can buy....

Ah bless, its that time of year when contractors start to question why they arent permies aye

I gots me a nice large bonus...which makes my bloated salary and perks worth while

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
      Ah bless, its that time of year when contractors start to question why they arent permies aye

I gots me a nice large bonus...which makes my bloated salary and perks worth while

Mailman
      my bonus is every week, getting paid contractor money.

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman

Mailman
        No bonuses here. They even have to pay Scarlet Jack the coalminer some money for the privelege of negotiating their 2.3% !!!

Comment

I got a contract rise, and was asked how much I wanted !!
          SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
            my bonus is every week,
            You talking about the bonus you get from Mrs Palmer?

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by One Nihilist
              No bonuses here. They even have to pay Scarlet Jack the coalminer some money for the privelege of negotiating their 2.3% !!!
              Aye ON

Whereabouts in Scotia are you ?

And is that picture really you - if so you are cordially invited for a game of polo at the Pruffock Mansions.

Comment

Recently secured a 6 month extension - rate as before. Will take me to almost 2 years with this client though.
                Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
                  Recently secured a 6 month extension - rate as before. Will take me to almost 2 years with this client though.
                  Hello Xen, where have you been hiding?
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
                    Aye ON

Whereabouts in Scotia are you ?

And is that picture really you - if so you are cordially invited for a game of polo at the Pruffock Mansions.
                    'She' looks a bit moody to me, Alf.
                    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X