• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Post-interview agency feedback/response

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post-interview agency feedback/response

I've recently had three interviews with potential clients after being introduced by an agency. Two were fairly brief phone interviews and the third a three hour set of interviews on a client's premises. All required plenty of time and preparation on my part.

In each case i never got any feedback from the agent, or even a simple "no they chose someone else". On two occasions the agent just ignored my calls and mails requesting this, whereas the third time the agent just said that the client hadn't responded to them at all. All interviews went well, although obviously not well enough!

I'm not new to the contracting game and realise that such practice regularly occurs when first discussing roles with agents, but have never come up against complete lack of any response after getting to an interview stage. Surely a simple mail saying "you didn't get the job" isn't too much to ask for?

Has anyone any experience of this - and if so would anyone recommend chasing the client directly for some kind of response? Or should i just put it down to experience and grin and bear it?

Originally posted by Mr_Z
    I've recently had three interviews with potential clients after being introduced by an agency. Two were fairly brief phone interviews and the third a three hour set of interviews on a client's premises. All required plenty of time and preparation on my part.

In each case i never got any feedback from the agent, or even a simple "no they chose someone else". On two occasions the agent just ignored my calls and mails requesting this, whereas the third time the agent just said that the client hadn't responded to them at all. All interviews went well, although obviously not well enough!

I'm not new to the contracting game and realise that such practice regularly occurs when first discussing roles with agents, but have never come up against complete lack of any response after getting to an interview stage. Surely a simple mail saying "you didn't get the job" isn't too much to ask for?

Has anyone any experience of this - and if so would anyone recommend chasing the client directly for some kind of response? Or should i just put it down to experience and grin and bear it?

at interview try to get a contact number from the interviewer and ask if he minds if you contact him/her direct for feedback
    whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Do what I did once. Go postal on them.

In my earlier years I was doing some work for an agency which was day to day stuff. They sent me to one place which never even asked for me. This happened the next day as well.

So I phoned up the office and told them to prepare for a ******* over. Got there and they had locked the office and gone home 2 hours early

Got them the next day though and forg marched the branch manager to the local cash machine in order to get £200 from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Z

It's normal. The only time you'll ever hear anything back is if you've got the gig. I'm not saying it's right, but it's how it is. Agents are only willing to talk to people who they think can make them money. As soon as you're out of the picture, you're no longer a potential money earner to them, so you'll never hear back and they won't return your calls. Until there's another opportunity that you may be suitable for. Then suddenly they'll be your best friend again.
        Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
          It's normal. The only time you'll ever hear anything back is if you've got the gig. I'm not saying it's right, but it's how it is. Agents are only willing to talk to people who they think can make them money. As soon as you're out of the picture, you're no longer a potential money earner to them, so you'll never hear back and they won't return your calls. Until there's another opportunity that you may be suitable for. Then suddenly they'll be your best friend again.
          Aye phoned up my last pimp scouting for leads and to remind him that I hadn't died and he sounded like he wished I had. When there is something that I am suitable for he'll come crawling back...

Comment

Yep, it's normal. And unprofessional.

They are all too keen to use the term professional when you do anything they don’t like. I even had one say that to me after I phoned HIM back after we were cut off as we went into a tunnel.

I am so glad I don’t have to deal with them anymore.
            Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
              Agreed - sad but true. Guess I've just been lucky in at least getting a "no they've given it to someone else" in the past.

Comment

3 interviews. No offer. GUFFAW.

Go permie. If you can get an offer.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan

Nah i think not. Probably end up sitting next to someone like you for the next 2 years..........

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan

Yeah...real contractors are people like me who have an interview get a job offer , then abuse the agent and turn it down.

Comment

Working...
                    X