• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pathway Resourcing - Are they Rude ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pathway Resourcing - Are they Rude ?

Hi guys,

I had a call today from pathway about a job and the idiot asked me when I was finishing my current gig and then just dropped the phone.

Now thats absolutely rude!, afterall we are all professionals. Someone I work with as well got the same type of call within 10min.

I feel really pissed off about this.

I feel the need to make a complaint to them. I wanted to know if people get this sort of behaviour from pathway. If people do get this behaviour then i would not bother complaining since you cant treat on old dog new tricks!

All he wanted to know was when he should phone them up to try and place contractors, which you helpfully told him. No point wasting time in chit-chat once that's known.
    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Yep, had the same thing (though not from Pathway this time)

Agent: Are you looking ATM.
      Me: Sort of.
      A: Does that mean you're currently in a job.
      M Yes, until the End of Feb.
      A: Oh, last time we heard from you in July you where immediately available.
      M: (thinks: WTF, do they thinks I've been doing in between?). No, I'm working now.
      A: Ok thanks, goodbye.
      M: What about the Jo.....

So, he only has a job if he thinks that I'm desperate, ***ker!

tim

Comment

Yeh. I have had that problem before.

Mid conversation, the ****er just hangs up.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Some (most) agents are complete *******. One had a go at me on the phone once because I refused to move 200 miles for a permanant job that I didn't even want or apply for in the first fecking place. WTF
          Last edited by pisces; 23 January 2007, 06:14.

Comment

thanks guy's, I wont bother complaining now.

next one that rings will get the brunt of my anger, and he'll be the one saying WTF

css_jay99

Comment

Just had the same thing this afternoon. A good agent I thought but just lost the thread when I said the gig wasn't ideal.

Comment

Have you seen the price of hair gel and teeth whitening powders these days?

No wonder there are so many angry little agents out there.

Just laugh it off.
                First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

a few of the city banks have started a recruitment freeze. Agents are probably starting to get a bit worried.

Comment

Yeah probably best to move on really. I'd rather be a contractor than an agent any day!

Comment

Working...
                    X