• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie Offer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permie Offer

Just been offered to go permie on my present contract. I have waded in with a 100k salary expectation, car and share options.

They are considering it and will let me know shortly.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan
    Just been offered to go permie on my present contract. I have waded in with a 100k salary expectation, car and share options.

Weren't you on 350 a day???? Where are those companies which offer more to permies than contractors? Or are you including 20k of rubbish pension, 20k of useless insurances, 20k of never-to-be-seen bonus and 40k basic salary?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

same here, they asked me for salary expectations but I said I would rather let them offer first.......I want to see if they are serious plus I know what the senior management earn here and I want at least on a par with them + the 30k budget for a car.........I will accept 65k+10 % bonus+car to jump from a 350 per day contract....oh yeah with the opt out of any PDP related bullsh**
      whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Originally posted by HankWangford
        same here, they asked me for salary expectations but I said I would rather let them offer first.......I want to see if they are serious plus I know what the senior management earn here and I want at least on a par with them + the 30k budget for a car.........I will accept 65k+10 % bonus+car to jump from a 350 per day contract....oh yeah with the opt out of any PDP related bullsh**
        350 * 200 days (a good rule of thumb) = 70k contracting

65k +6.5 = 71.5 k permie

Who wouldn't jump? Problem is that a normal permie salary for someone who is on 350 is generally 45-50k unfortunately (but then again there must be some companies who aren't that good at maths...).
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

[QUOTE=Francko]350 * 200 days (a good rule of thumb) = 70k contracting

65k +6.5 = 71.5 k permie

Who wouldn't jump? QUOTE]

i would not. any permanent job offering me a tempting wage & benefits is going to have me travelling to the same sort of places that i am at now but with added-in shed loads of politics and powerpoints. i just don't see the advantage of jumping at someone else's beck and call just so i can have a new silver audi a4 in a long stay carpark.

Comment

Your like the cat you see playing with the injured mouse.

Comment

yeah... i like being a contractor because its about as exciting as it gets being a geeky computer programmer!
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                350 * 200 days (a good rule of thumb) = 70k contracting

65k +6.5 = 71.5 k permie

Who wouldn't jump? Problem is that a normal permie salary for someone who is on 350 is generally 45-50k unfortunately (but then again there must be some companies who aren't that good at maths...).
                becoming a permie allows the client to use all of my skill set instead of just the dev side, they are reluctant to see me team leading, mentoring and client facing as a contractor so the two roles are not the same.....hence the slight increase, not just rubbish maths
                whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

MF at 10K pa you are overvalued. Bite their hands off.

Comment

I would go permanent for 200k a year.

I might go permanent for 80k a year if my contract ends as rumoured later this year.

Comment

Working...
                    X