• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gran Canaria

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gran Canaria

Snow storm yesterday greeted my return to Denmark. So, I've just booked a holiday and I'm off to Gran Canaria tonight for a few weeks.

Going to be staying in a villa up in the hills near Puerto Rico.

Taking (already packed) a mountain bike and a race bike. Looking forward to riding up and down a crater or two.

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Originally posted by threaded
    Looking forward to riding up and down a crater or two.
    Not sure about the riding up part

Comment

BBC
      'Duped'

Commander Alexis Correa, a member of Spain's national committee for managing the repatriated and displaced, told AFP news agency that 448 people were being sent back on Sunday.

The operation was a one-off, he added.

Some migrants reportedly complained that they had been duped into believing they were being flown to the Spanish mainland.

"When we took the plane, we were told we were going to Madrid or Barcelona. Now here we are back in Senegal,"
      Drivel is my speciality

Comment

I'm there in Feb. It seemed the least chavtastic of all the islands. No more long-haul for us since kids and 4.5 hours is about the max.

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope
          I'm there in Feb. It seemed the least chavtastic of all the islands. No more long-haul for us since kids and 4.5 hours is about the max.
          Just did a week there, pleasant enough, just about chav free, predominantly German and Dutch wrinklies with lots of towel on sunbed antics going on.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Dupe some more quick before they catch on...
            That is a great idea. They need to introduce a random 1 in 10 flights go to Spain though just to keep interest up.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
              Taking (already packed) a mountain bike and a race bike. Looking forward to riding up and down a crater or two.

Stay away from La Palma. That's got a volcano teetering on the edge of sliding into the sea, causing a mega-tsunami that destroys America's eastern seaboard.

A heavy weight crashing around on it could set it off.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                Stay away from La Palma. That's got a volcano teetering on the edge of sliding into the sea, causing a mega-tsunami that destroys America's eastern seaboard.

and he should stay away because????
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100

So why are you telling him to stay away?

Threaded, I've heard La Palma is very nice. Got a big volcano to cycle up and down. And Up. And Down. And Up. And Down....

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I went to Puerto Rico with the lads and it was a bit 'Brits on the piss'. Full of stupidly drunk & stoned lads and lairy, slaggy women. Mind you, that was 12 years ago, and they could have spoilt it since.
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                    X