• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tony Blair's Respect Areas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony Blair's Respect Areas

Did Labour ever get around to naming Tony Blair's so-called top 40 "Respect Areas"?

It will be like awarding university status to the best places to study for your ASBO!

What I want to know is who the hell thinks these ideas up? Ovbiously a civil servant from a posh school.

Comment

Well, right on cue, a potential candidate provides great media capital to be made out of another feckless liebour initiative and waste of taxpayers money...

From the BBC website

A BBC South reporter has had what appeared to be a semi-automatic weapon aimed at her while covering a story about anti-social behaviour.
      Bournemouth and Poole reporter Emma Douglas was filming in West Howe, in Bournemouth, at the launch of Prime Minister Tony Blair's Respect campaign.

Two youths appeared as she was taking shots of a basketball court and one pulled out what appeared to be a gun.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Just another disgruntled citizen

Originally posted by hyperD
        Well, right on cue, a potential candidate provides great media capital to be made out of another feckless liebour initiative and waste of taxpayers money...

From the BBC website

angry at the increase in the license tax. Sorry, fee.
        Why not?

Comment

Bow and Bethnal Green is a Respect Area.

I’ll be gone before the next general election; otherwise I would have to vote Labour to get him out. I don’t think I could cope with that.
          Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Working...
          X