• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bad start....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad start....

I found a contract advertised that was in my local county (i.e. Bedfordshire) so I phoned the contact at the agency.

The number posted was the wrong office so I get given the "correct" number. I dial that to find the guy has changed extensions so I get the correct extension. I then have a brief discussion with the guy and he requests to see my CV and says he will call me back in 30 mins.

Two hours later he hasn't phoned me back so I call him again. After a discussion around the job and hearing his woes about how the client is insisting on a particular skill set he still hasn't explained to me what reason the client has given for being so specific. However, he does disclose that the job is actually in Middlesex but doesn't feel that it should be a problem as he has a candidate from Edinburgh too...!!

Can someone remind me again exactly what agents do for us or the end clients?

Originally posted by Mustang
    Can someone remind me again exactly what agents do for us or the end clients?
    Reduce the budget so you pay less CT tax on it?

Comment

Working...
    X