• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom in IT jobs coming to the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boom in IT jobs coming to the UK

Them lovely Indian chaps are hiring in the UK, so we are not doomed after all.

http://services.silicon.com/bpo/0,38...9165358,00.htm

Thank you kind sirs! And there was me thinking this is just a cynical ploy and window dressing.

The scary thing is that Labour (and the Conservatives) falls for this.
    "If one UK worker can create work for 10 Indian workers we believe we can do it on a neutral basis," he said.
    In other words, "we will create one job for every 10 we destroy".
    Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
      Kees Tenninjenhuis, European senior VP at Wipro.

they do love their job titles, so do they have a junior VP at Wimpy also

t0ssers
      whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Dilbert

Isn't this a bit like the Dilbert cartoon where he figures out that via a long chain they eventually outsource to themselves.

Or could it perhaps be that 'Failure to Perform to Contract' lawsuits are becoming rather popular on the quiet - out of court settlement type of quiet these days.

When contracts have huge values, so do the damages.

Comment

My role was semi-outsourced a few years ago to Xansa. Interesting thing was, the end client was paying much more per day than for me, for a much worse service.

I guess they figured they were half the cost of Accenture, etc. so they were getting a bargain.

Comment

"The company already has a 2,000-strong UK workforce and will increase the headcount by 500 in 2007 at its existing facilities in Reading and new sites in lower cost parts of the UK, including Birmingham."

So you will still not be able understand the person on the other end of helpdesk/callcentre.

Comment

Working...
            X