• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you charge weekends if travelling on one off trips?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you charge weekends if travelling on one off trips?

I'm off to India on a Saturday and returning to the UK the following SUnday. On top of the normal Mon-Fri charge, what (if anything) would you folks charge for travelling time? 0, 2 or 4 days?

Thanks,
    Another

Originally posted by yetanotherone
    I'm off to India on a Saturday and returning to the UK the following SUnday. On top of the normal Mon-Fri charge, what (if anything) would you folks charge for travelling time? 0, 2 or 4 days?

Thanks,
    Another
    Depends what your contract says, mine allows me to charge for hours spent travelling to other sites so bill for entire journey
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by yetanotherone

Thanks,
      Another
      Try and find out what others have done previously, if you can charge and not upset anyone then do it. I have usually got round this by taking time off in lieu with agreement from the project manager and invoicing for those days rather than the weekend ones. This way it doesn't up the budget and raise any questions further up in the hierarchy.

Comment

Much the same for me. My client tells me to invoice for bank holidays as it keeps things simple from their end and raises no questions about why you're billing for Saturdays or Sundays. I've never run out of bank holidays so I don't know what would happen if the travelling days became more than the number of bank holidays in a year.
        I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Working...
        X