• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PDP for contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PDP for contractors

Announcement recently at current client that contractors will have a similar PDP appraisal type thing as the permies!

That's that sorted then

Originally posted by bobhope
    Announcement recently at current client that contractors will have a similar PDP appraisal type thing as the permies!

That's that sorted then
    They tried to do that to me and I've ignored them for over a year now with no repercussion - just nod blankly.

Comment

B0llocks
      Arse
      Feck

....are they also planning to force you to attend the brainwashing sessions(diversity equality training etc)
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
        ...are they also planning to force you to attend the brainwashing sessions(diversity equality training etc)
        I attended a briefing where they played a health & safety video - absolutely hilarious - laughed out loud, couldn't help it. I'd gladly watch it again to cheer me up.

"ooh, I know, I'll trail this lead across the doorway and plug it in over there... oh no, will that person trip?!"

##SHOCK HORROR## Slow-mo posterized red/black moment, person's foot gets caught, dramatic crashing synth moment, freeze frame close-up of their gaping nostrils. Cut to Michael Winner or some C-Lister.

Brilliant.

Comment

You have to resist at all costs. That goes against everything a half decent contractor stands for. Send them an ISO 9001 quality commitment statement. That should confuse them for a while.

Comment

As 2nd comment, just ignore it or if forced, refuse point blank.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Aye. You'd never find me submitting to a PDP.

Every PDP in the world is just a crock. I remember doing mine at my last place so I just stuck down £10k worth of training that I then got so they weren't seen to be against the PDP.

Comment

Last PDP I had as a permie was, as most are, just a list of reasons as to why you're not getting a pay rise this year. Half way through I'd just had enough and said to my boss, "sorry for interrupting here, but what leads you to believe I give a tulip about what you think of my performance this year?"

Quit the next day.
                I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Contractor's PDP would surely be a big IR35 pointer.
                  Cats are evil.

Comment

Sounds like a great idea to me.

Do it, and then invoice the client for mandatory training that their HR department has to take with your company, to highlight the importance of treating businesses like businesses rather than employees.

I figure £5000 per HR employee should stop them forcing their training on you!
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X