• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quit Smoking - Status Progress Update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quit Smoking - Status Progress Update

[remove]
    Last edited by Denny; 12 May 2007, 19:45.

well done for your success re smoking, its such an achievement
    keep the good work

Comment

Well done ! Now sit down, relax, put your feet up, and have a nice glass of wine and a fag to celebrate.

Comment

Better start going to the gymn - the pounds will start piling on! Thought you'd escaped lung disease and heart problems? Here comes obesity.

God, I'm in such a positive mood today ......
        Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

It's over. Stop fecking posting about it. You're either a smoker or not. Full stop.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
            Remember, my earlier thread just after New Year when I said I was 2 days into quitting?

Well it's now just over three weeks and not a puff has exited my mouth since. The physical pangs have all gone (and went after about 4 days of quitting) and I'm thinking about fags less and less as each day passes. I've probably saved over £100 already. Friends have commented on how much better I look already - my skin looks brighter and healthier and glows more. I also feel a lot fitter.

The bad news is that I'm hooked on shopping. Instead of saving the fag money I've been spending it on some wine and other treats which I probably wouldn't have bought if I'd spent the money on fags.

Is there such a thing as retail cancer or passive shopping?
            Exactly the same as me except I think I've put a couple of pounds on, can't sleep and have a tulipe cough. Maybe starting again will cure them
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt
              Exactly the same as me except I think I've put a couple of pounds on, can't sleep and have a tulipe cough. Maybe starting again will cure them
              Stopped for a bit a few years back and my throat was killing me (no pun intended) for a few weeks, because apparently, quite often, you end up with all the various bacteria having a free for all as they're no longer being killed off by the cigarette smoke.

In anycase well done Denny, and hopefully it goes well for the future.

Comment

I have it sorted

I only smoke when I'm having a pint

I'm now down to 20 pints a day
                Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

I actually did stop a few years ago and it lasted for a couple of years but on the lads holiday where most of them smoked, it kind of started up again. Hopefully this year it won't.
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

5 year battle, don't smoke at all now apart from occasionally if I'm a bit pished. Takes a long time and personally I hitnk the dangerous tie is a few months down the track, when you get complacent and think you've beat it, so one won't hurt and wham you're back in (Had that a few times in previous non-smoking periods).

keep it up, all the crap you go through initially as your body readjusts to life without smoking wears off and when you do start feeling good you feel really good. I can't believe now how crap I feel the day after if I have even one cigarette, I can still taste it days later if I'm playing footy or something.
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                    X