• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

last nights meal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last nights meal

was la tasca in covent garden... nice surroundings although the menu was a little disappointing. Food itself was pleasant enough.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Originally posted by kramer
    was la tasca in covent garden... nice surroundings although the menu was a little disappointing. Food itself was pleasant enough.
    Not a direct stab at you Kramer, but what is it with people and chain bars and restaurants? London is full of great, intresting independent places to eat and drink, so I can never quite figure out why people herd into fecking pine mines like all bar one or naff tapas joints like la tasca (Kramer - you are right, the food is tulipe). Next time hit the salt yard on goodge street, you will be blown away.

Comment

Originally posted by kramer
      That's because you're not supposed to eat the menu, Kramer. And La Tasca is mass produced >ding-ding< tulipe anyway.

Out of interest, what do you do with the scented hot towels? Or that nice hot water and slice of lemon soup you get in Chinese restaurants?

Comment

last time i went to a La Tasca restaurant I managed to feck up a date by getting too drunk. I went in feeling very hungry and the portions were too small. Beer hit me hard and that was the end of that. I did feel her tits though
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet
          last time i went to a La Tasca restaurant I managed to feck up a date by getting too drunk. I went in feeling very hungry and the portions were too small. Beer hit me hard and that was the end of that. I did feel her tits though
          What did the waiter say?

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by pickle
            Not a direct stab at you Kramer, but what is it with people and chain bars and restaurants? London is full of great, intresting independent places to eat and drink, so I can never quite figure out why people herd into fecking pine mines like all bar one or naff tapas joints like la tasca (Kramer - you are right, the food is tulipe). Next time hit the salt yard on goodge street, you will be blown away.

When I was working in Oxford St many moons ago instead of going to the usual Starbucks/Coffee republic/Costa del Sol Coffee places that charge £2.50 for a latte, I used to go off track to a little cafe place run by an Italian that made really great creamy lattes for 60p.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Lunch Today

Oh I love working from home.

Just slapped a minute steak on the griddle, accompanied by sweet potatoes roasted in a maple syrup and ginger glaze, with buttered broad beans and peas. Washed down with a glass of Costieres de Nimes.

Now, back to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                Oh I love working from home.

Just slapped a minute steak on the griddle, accompanied by sweet potatoes roasted in a maple syrup and ginger glaze, with buttered broad beans and peas. Washed down with a glass of Costieres de Nimes.

Now, back to work.
                LB, you’re only just back and already the board is awash with your culture and sophistication. I feel unworthy.
                "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Thing
                  LB, you’re only just back and already the board is awash with your culture and sophistication. I feel unworthy.
                  You are far too kind, Swamp Thing. How is it down in the industrial waste filled toxic slime these days?

As John Major might have said though, "culture and sophistication butter no parsnips".

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                    As John Major might have said though, "culture and sophistication butter no parsnips".

A quote used no less than in response to Boris Johnson's moan in the Torygraph at the state of the trains by simon coulter!
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X