• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract ending.... and then

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract ending.... and then

Contract finishes 16 feb....

need a break....

I can fly to new york from manchester on monday 19th for 6 nights for £240...plus accom it won't cost much more than a few days work...

Now how do i tell the wife (she goes back to teaching that week after half term)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Originally posted by kramer

need a break....

I can fly to new york from manchester on monday 19th for 6 nights for £240...plus accom it won't cost much more than a few days work...

Now how do i tell the wife (she goes back to teaching that week after half term)
    You're having an interview...

Comment

Business trip to visit a potentially lucrative new client (which comes to nothing) and while you're there you'll buy her the consumer item of her choice exploiting the weak dollar. All she has to do is decide what she wants to a maximum of $1,000 as long as it can easily be taken through customs on return without attracting attention.

Sorted.

Comment

Reminds me of an old joke.

Man comes home and says to his wife, “Quick, back your bags! I’ve won the lottery”. Wife replies, “Great! Where am I going?” Husband replies, “I don’t care – just go.”
        Drivel is my speciality

Comment

need a break....

Can you bring me some duty free fags back please - B&H will do - as many as you can get
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
            Can you bring me some duty free fags back please - B&H will do - as many as you can get
            The correct answer is "no, that would be illegal".

Comment

Originally posted by expat
              The correct answer is "no, that would be illegal".
              Indeed...
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

anyone know a nice .... mid range place to stay in the big apple then?
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

The Metropolitan on Lexington Avenue. Great mid-town location. Easy walk to Central Park, subway stop outside.

Comment

We stayed in the Hotel QT last time - you come out of the hotel, turn right, and you're in Times Square!
                    Its described as a budget hotel, but honestly its really funky. The rooms are quite small though, but when you're in NYC you dont want to be in your room do you?
                    Its right next to a few Irish pubs aswell (which serve food at the bar until 2am)...ah I'm so jealous!!!!

Just be honest with your Mrs - she'll know that you've not ben yourself lately. It'll be like City Slickers wherethe wife doesn't mind, as long as the usband goes off and "finds himself".
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X