• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Favourite coffee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite coffee

Starbucks .... just as i go on site.....

Grande latte... extra shot extra hot ... mmmmmmmmmm
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Originally posted by kramer
    Starbucks ....
    Otherwise known as Jimmy's.

I quite like the stuff they serve up at Costa near MK station / footy ground.

Comment

Having shares in a Coffee shop, I spent much time in leaning about coffee and how to make it. Making a good coffee is as satisfying as opening a good bottle of wine.

Starbucks is at the bottom end of the coffee league. They buy there beans on price and so the supplier and quality is inconsistent. (Starbucks pay around £8 per kilo when a good coffee costs around £60 to £70 per kilo) Some of the outlets are better than others. I have been mainly disappointed when I have bought from Starbucks. The Coffee is week and without a full flavour, often the milk is either reheated or it is overheated giving it a burn flavour.

People like to be seen is Starbucks, it is part of the hype that these chain business promote. I am sure if you found a nice independent Italian Coffee shop you would find the Coffee much better and even cheaper.

Saying you had a great coffee at Starbucks is like saying you had a great dinner out at McDonalds.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

its harsh on here this week... i've been dissed for eating in la tasca and now drinking from starbucks...

so reccomend a decent coffee place in richmond then....

we have a coffee republic and a pret a manger(?)
        not sure about independent italians though.....
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

ass bandit, with extra whip cream.

Comment

whip your a$$ any day ya sorry ginger mincer!

(think the coffee is just kickin in)

Comment

Favourite coffe

Un doppio. In Milano.

Comment

2 Starbucks down and it is but 10:45...
                Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

But where can one get a nice refreshing can of Sprite? I find it the most delicious of beverages wot wot.
                  I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Ristretto or "corretto" anywhere south of the Alps.

Comment

Working...
                    X