• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To all you lurking agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To all you lurking agents

When you leave a voicemail, speak clearly. Being able to hear a name and a phone number would be a bonus.

When you're posting jobs on Jobserve, stating the location as just Scotland is not very helpful, we do have a few cities dotted around.

Rant over.
    Me, me, me...

Too right , I sometimes need to listen 2 or 3 times to voicemails to work out exactly what's being said.

The best one so far this week was an agent who left me a voicemail for a job , gave his name and asked me to call him back ....thought I was going mad and listened to the message again .... he failed to leave his number

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
      When you leave a voicemail, speak clearly. Being able to hear a name and a phone number would be a bonus.

When you're posting jobs on Jobserve, stating the location as just Scotland is not very helpful, we do have a few cities dotted around.

Rant over.
      One idiot thought I was being stubborn because I didn't fancy a daily commute from Glasgow to Aberdeen...

Comment

Originally posted by One Nihilist
        One idiot thought I was being stubborn because I didn't fancy a daily commute from Glasgow to Aberdeen...
        That's also probably from someone who thinks anything north of Watford is northern England so it can't be that far to travel "up north" from the Thames Valley...
        Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead

Rant over.

Maybe just answer the phone then? Also a lot of contractors just ring you up and say 'Hi it's Phil here' like you're the only person in the world! Do you all do this, the simple answer is 'no' and neither do all agents, if he failed to leave a number or speak clearly then he's obviously missing a chromosome so i'd avoid them in future. It's easy when you sit down, take a breath and realise it really doesnt matter.

Comment

Originally posted by reformation
            Maybe just answer the phone then? Also a lot of contractors just ring you up and say 'Hi it's Phil here' like you're the only person in the world! Do you all do this, the simple answer is 'no' and neither do all agents, if he failed to leave a number or speak clearly then he's obviously missing a chromosome so i'd avoid them in future. It's easy when you sit down, take a breath and realise it really doesnt matter.
            And on the subject of answering the phone whenever a pimp calls, I find that it always goes down well when you stop a meeting in full progress with the words "I've just got to speak to my agent - he might have something better than this cr@p gig to offer me"

Personally, when speaking to agents, I always leave my full name, refer to the position that we're discussing, and leave my phone number, speaking slowly all the time, with gaps in between, because I know the average pimp is a retard and needs time to find his crayons.
            Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

Originally posted by hattra
              And on the subject of answering the phone whenever a pimp calls, I find that it always goes down well when you stop a meeting in full progress with the words "I've just got to speak to my agent - he might have something better than this cr@p gig to offer me"

Personally, when speaking to agents, I always leave my full name, refer to the position that we're discussing, and leave my phone number, speaking slowly all the time, with gaps in between, because I know the average pimp is a retard and needs time to find his crayons.

LOL meow.

But you did see the point i was making which is good, and on the subject of intelligence who's more stupid? The 'stupid agent' or the person that uses them to find work!

And before going nuclear this is meant lighthearted rather than a bash, theres good and bad agents and contractors, if a muppet calls hang up, any fool thats not capable of stringing a sentance together doesnt get the time of day from me so i suggest you do the same.

Comment

Maybe just answer the phone then?
                Why didn't I think of that?
                Me, me, me...

Comment

LOL meow.

But you did see the point i was making which is good, and on the subject of intelligence who's more stupid? The 'stupid agent' or the person that uses them to find work!

And before going nuclear this is meant lighthearted rather than a bash, theres good and bad agents and contractors, if a muppet calls hang up, any fool thats not capable of stringing a sentance together doesnt get the time of day from me so i suggest you do the same.
                  I don't do nuclear (in fact you'll be lucky to get more than a feeble glow out of me most of the time).

And just because you're a tart doesn't mean your less intelligent than your pimp
                  Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

Originally posted by hattra
                    I don't do nuclear (in fact you'll be lucky to get more than a feeble glow out of me most of the time).

And just because you're a tart doesn't mean your less intelligent than your pimp

LOL! Touche...

Comment

Working...
                    X