• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's with these virtual worlds?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's with these virtual worlds?

Has anyone here tried living in a virtual world like Second Life?

I thought it was a load of old bollocks for saddos until I heard that you can make real money in there - some woman has just made a real million dollars in property that doesn't exist!

we are living in a virtual world.

Comment

2nd life is just a glorified pyramid scheme. Some will make shed loads of cash, majority will not

There is probably more money to be made in things like World of warcraft (though it is against the ToC) due to the much larger player base (there are entire companies in the far east with farms of people "playing" MMO's just to make money for the company) but tbh while it might sound like fun to be playing a game to make a living you would rapidly find it is probably one of the boring/tedious/frustrating occupations out there

These persistent worlds (MMO) can be very enjoyable and fun, but they should carry a health warning as well, they can very easily take over your entire life and if you start involving money in them as you are even more likely to get sucked in to far

Comment

Fun but addictive if you let them.

If you take out your monthly subscription fees, hours spent playing (Instead of doing something else productive), sleep deprivation affects then I've made money out of them (Sold couple of chars in dark age of camelot). Only about $200 but not bad for something that I'd lost interest in.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
        X