• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How Long Can A Run Of Bad Luck Last ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Long Can A Run Of Bad Luck Last ?

Since the start of 2007 I has so much bad luck, they say things come in 3's but ive had 8 this month.

1. Someone hit my car.
    2. Picked up car from bodyshop they did a tulip job.
    3. Car broke down on way home, expensive repair, nothing to do with smash or bodyshop.
    4. Picked up by the police in relation to an accident where driver failed to stop, 2hrs spent in police station, not me 100%, I was in other part of country at time.
    5. Ripped off by a tradesman to tune of £250, I knew they hadnt done the work so I didnt pay them, didnt realise they were some gypo crew where it still meant I had to pay, suddenely there was a call out charge etc, lots of heavies.
    6. GF giving me serious grief, 7 yrs togeather probably going to split.
    7. Found damp in house.
    9. Got a mini cab today, half way through journey on country road, his bloody car packs up, it was a turbo desiel and the turbo went. Had to hang around was late blah blah

I usually have a bit of bad luck but nothing like this, its stating to really suck.
    If anyone has got any luck spare please lend me it
    Last edited by MobileCheese; 27 January 2007, 20:11.

Got spare luck ???

you are joking man

Got a gig recently in London - £800 per day
    The PM has been depressed, she split withe her bf recently
    She is Indian and a real looker, asked me out for a 'team beer'

We ended up in bed and bonked all night. As she was sleeping I started to rub that little red dot, the one between her eyes.

Underneath it said 'You have won a timeshare in Spain.....'

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by MobileCheese
      How Long Can A Run Of Bad Luck Last?
      A long, long, long time. Something in excess of the half-life of a proton.
      Drivel is my speciality

Comment

When your'e dead, does luck matter? And what happens to all my memories?

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl
          And what happens to all my memories?
          Threaded gets them.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl
            And what happens to all my memories?
            "All these moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain. Time to die"
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

That aint bad luck mate. Thats a normal start to a year for me!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                Don't let this bad spell get you down. When one bad thing happens, everthing else that you would normally take in your stride suddenly seems worse than it would have done otherwise. You then get grumpy, over observant and sensitive to faults and problems, snap at people and upset them which in turn generates further problems. You are then in a downward spiral of doom and gloom whereby you will convince yourself that even when it rains outside the gods timed it for just when you were stepping out of the house.

Focus on what is right in your life: have you good health, money in the bank, loving friends and relatives. Do something new and different that you will enjoy. Take a short break if you can to put a wall up between what has been and what will be so that you can break the cycle of bad luck. Before you know it things will not look nearly as bleak as they do now.
                Denny is now the resident agony aunt, supplanting SA
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
                  We ended up in bed and bonked all night. As she was sleeping I started to rub that little red dot, the one between her eyes.
                  You know those little red dots mean that she is married don't you......

Comment

Originally posted by MobileCheese
                    Since the start of 2007 I has so much bad luck, they say things come in 3's but ive had 8 this month.

1. Someone hit my car.
                    2. Picked up car from bodyshop they did a tulip job.
                    3. Car broke down on way home, expensive repair, nothing to do with smash or bodyshop.
                    4. Picked up by the police in relation to an accident where driver failed to stop, 2hrs spent in police station, not me 100%, I was in other part of country at time.
                    5. Ripped off by a tradesman to tune of £250, I knew they hadnt done the work so I didnt pay them, didnt realise they were some gypo crew where it still meant I had to pay, suddenely there was a call out charge etc, lots of heavies.
                    6. GF giving me serious grief, 7 yrs togeather probably going to split.
                    7. Found damp in house.
                    9. Got a mini cab today, half way through journey on country road, his bloody car packs up, it was a turbo desiel and the turbo went. Had to hang around was late blah blah

I usually have a bit of bad luck but nothing like this, its stating to really suck.
                    If anyone has got any luck spare please lend me it
                    Don't talk to me about bad luck, I got the sack for something I didn't do, you can't top that for bad luck. Everyone knows car work always goes wrong and they try to rip you off, why do you take it personally.

The police thing - yes bad luck, but its just a mistake, again the world is not against.

Now stop taking my spot light, I am the one with the bad luck run here

Comment

Working...
                    X