• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forced to drink recycled sewage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forced to drink recycled sewage

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/6308715.stm

state of Queensland will soon have to start drinking water containing recycled sewage, the state premier has warned.

Premier Peter Beattie said he had scrapped a planned referendum on the issue, because there was no longer a choice.

"These are ugly decisions, but you either drink water or you die. There's no choice. It's liquid gold, it's a matter of life and death," he said.

blah blah

The practice of drinking recycled water - which is already used in other countries such as the US, UK and Singapore, does not have widespread support in Australia.

Well, the poor bastards eh?

All water has been drank before and is therefore recycled sewage.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Indeed. But the dear old Aussies will only drink pure H20 that you very much.
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Drinking pure H2O is odd. Did anybody try dinking any of it when they did chemistry. The small impurities in water it give it a slight taste, but in the pure form there are no impurities and it is just wet.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I loved chemistry at school. I particularly loved the word "Conc", pronounced conk.

Comment

We had a kid at a school I went to who once put mercury in his mouth and started to balance it on his tongue - can't imagine that was too good for him.

We had another who was boiling up some conc sulphuric acid and who burnt his hand when the acid started to boil over and he put his hand over the top of the boiling tube to stop it.

There was another kid who tried to nick some potassium - this was the stuff which was kept in oil as it reacts violently with water. He put it in his pocket where the oil got rubbed off and the potassium started to react with his sweat.

But the bext one was the day when we were boiling some alcohol out of another liguid and we discovered thatif you put your head in the fumes you got really pissed very very quickly.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I believe chemistry is very popular amongst the young Muslim population.
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_
                Indeed. But the dear old Aussies will only drink pure H20 that you very much.
                Most Australians know that if you get stuck in the desert you can get by drinking your urine.
                I like you so much V that you can have mine

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

No it was definately Potassium. From memory there was Sodium which fizzed a bit in water and produced a bit of hydrogen. Then there was Lithium which was a bit more active and then Potassium which was pretty violent. The last time I did the old drop it in water and then test for hydrogen with the lighted splint, the resulting 'pop' blew the @rse out of the boiling tube.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
                    No it was definately Potassium. From memory there was Sodium which fizzed a bit in water and produced a bit of hydrogen. Then there was Lithium which was a bit more active and then Potassium which was pretty violent. The last time I did the old drop it in water and then test for hydrogen with the lighted splint, the resulting 'pop' blew the @rse out of the boiling tube.
                    Otherway around, the order is Lithium which fizzes a bit, Sodium - fizzes quite a lot, Pottasium which catches fire and can go bang and Rubidium which does go bang and can spontaneoulsy combust in air.

After that you have Caesium which is liquid at room temperature and really rather unpleasant and Frankium* which makes bad jokes and dodgy double entendres untill you put it back in the bottle.

*Yes I know it's Francium, but quite franky there is not much amusing about an element that has only ever been photographed once and that needed a particle accelerator to do it.
                    Last edited by DaveB; 29 January 2007, 10:33.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X