• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dodgy accountants - routes for redress?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dodgy accountants - routes for redress?

Am having major bother with accountants, with them making serious mistakes in my accounts and proposing to charge an eye-watering amount of money.

Anybody have any experience of dealing with this? I have complained to the responsible director of the company but what's the route if I need to take it further?

Are the ICA likely to be helpful or might they close ranks? Is there an accepted scale of charges for basic services that I can refer to re the overcharging issue?

Would be very grateful for any advice.

-

Unfortunately it looks like nobody knows. There are some proper accountants around an I would have hoped they might help.

All I can offer is 20-20 hindsight.
    Agree a price and terms of engagement from the outset.

Sorry as much use as a chocolate teapot I know.

Comment

Helpline

This is the link to the ICAEW complaints section of their website under "Professional Standards/Protecting the Public".

www.icaew.co.uk/index.cfm?AUB=TB2I_25423,MNXI_25423#How

Comment

Change accountants there is a lot of competition out there!

Comment

Working...
        X