• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

new york new york

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new york new york

4 nights in feb.. staying in a decent 3 star near the park

£510 flying from Manchester

oooohhh.... i wanna i wanna i wanna!

its that or seville

(a post contract treat to myself and on my own)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Originally posted by kramer

its that or seville

Hmmm, The Big Apple or Oranges...

Go for NY!

Comment

i do like the citrus flavour and its about £300 cheaper all in all.....

but i got a pass out for 4 days from the wife to live it up so i guess i take it to the limit!

Anyone out there 21st - 25th feb?
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

its that or seville

£510 seems quite high for a flight to NY, unless you mean the £510 includes hotel and flight.

Went there - I loved it, I had a good deal on staying in a 4 star hotel near Times Square (off broadway) I really had a lot of fun there. Enjoy it.

Comment

it includes 3* hotel

so did you get some sandy?

Comment

it includes 3* hotel

so did you get some sandy?
            Always thanks for asking

Comment

its that or seville

which end of the park?? 3 stars - they might rent rooms by the hour...

Go the whole hog central park south Gramercy or Ritz Carlton - for a few quid more $2 to a £1

Comment

Originally posted by Fishface
                which end of the park?? 3 stars - they might rent rooms by the hour...

Go the whole hog central park south Gramercy or Ritz Carlton - for a few quid more $2 to a £1

I personally found Central park a bit too far (i.e. about 15 minutes extra walk), especially if you want to be near theatres , comedy clubs and shopping areas.. hence I stayed on 48th street (about 3 minutes walk from Times Square)

However NY is the easiest town to find your way round cuz they have the grid system, also taxies are not expensive at all..

btw: this is a really really important advice, when you arrive at the airport, there will be plenty of taxi drivers offering you a taxi ride (official taxies ) but don't take any of it, walk to the formal taxi rank queue, the ride from JFK or Newark airports to Manhattan should be $50 (not sure if its the same still , but there is a set price) I know someone else who took the first taxi without going to the formal queue and paid double price for it.

Comment

I'm off there in April - staying ay the Lucerne Hotel on the Upper West Side...very nice.
                  Call the cops

Comment

its that or seville

If I had the time, I would choose 6 nights in Havana for the the same price.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X