• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PI insurance along with anything else a newbie requires

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PI insurance along with anything else a newbie requires

Hi,

Just recently moved away from Giant and have started my first week of trading using my own Limited Company. Glad away i've moved away from Giant as they were becoming a nightmare to deal with, just wish I would have seen this bulletin board a lot earlier!!

Anway the question I had was, what is the difference between the two PCG memberships? I ask this because I still need the PI and tax insurance. Whats the best deal at the moment, because it seems the prices my colleagues had got from Hiscox and Caunce are no longer available.

Cheers for you help guys!

Did you pay for Hiscox?
    I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by V M4N
      Hi,

Just recently moved away from Giant and have started my first week of trading using my own Limited Company. Glad away i've moved away from Giant as they were becoming a nightmare to deal with, just wish I would have seen this bulletin board a lot earlier!!

Anway the question I had was, what is the difference between the two PCG memberships? I ask this because I still need the PI and tax insurance. Whats the best deal at the moment, because it seems the prices my colleagues had got from Hiscox and Caunce are no longer available.

Cheers for you help guys!
      Basic PCG membership covers you for the costs of an IR35 investigation ( doens't pay the tax for you, just the cost of legal expertise to fight it ).

PCG+ or whatever it is called also covres you for a National Insurance investigation which is the first point of contact from the IR eventually leading to an IR35 investigation. I had basic only but somebody on here convinced me PCG+ was a good idea, the idea being early representation will fight of the IR35 investigation befoe it happens !?!?!

PI is different, I don't bother with it, some do, I think PCG website tells you.

Comment

check out PCG

HTH
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Better still, phone them up and ask them. They have been known to answer questions...You need PI only if your contract says you have to have it. If you do need it, the PCG does a deal that beats anyting else on the market.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Cheers for the infor guys.

As there's not much of a difference, and for peace of mind while i'm a newbie, I may get the PCG+.

I queried my agency as to what I need in terms of insurance, but they simply said they don't provide that info

I'm a network engineer and some of the kit we have is very imprtant indeed and can have disastrous consequences. Just not quite sure what value these consequences have and so not sure about what cover I need.

After i've cleared the insurance and PCG is there anything else I might have forgotten?

Comment

Working...
            X