• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kids

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids

Anyone else's kids do this to them? my kids arrange to have an exchange studend staying with us from another country (usually Italy or France) at the last minute -day before the exchange kid turns up- 'oh mummy by the way we are having an exchange student tomorrow, he/she is staying for a week, he/she likes to eat meat, chicken and potatoes, oh and in the exchange form I said they can have their own bedroom, so can you clear the spare bedroom so that I don't have to share a room with them ' arrrrrrrrgh

Tell your kids that their guest is having their bedroom. If they want somewhere to sleep they should clear the spare room.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

No Sandy it doesnt. This is because some of us are not quite as old as you.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan

Thanks - the only revenge I could think about is this is all going to be behind me in 3 years time (when they go off to Uni)

However - for you - you got plenty to look forward to .. and you thought your little one's hospital visit was torture ?? heheheeh just you wait mate

Naah seriously enjoy the little ones while they are little - its fun having house full of exchange student sometimes, its just the fact I am told in the last minute, then they insist they have loads of homework, and need to run off to school so they can't help with clearing the bedroom which is full of their own junk

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
            Thanks - the only revenge I could think about is this is all going to be behind me in 3 years time (when they go off to Uni)

However - for you - you got plenty to look forward to .. and you thought your little one's hospital visit was torture ?? heheheeh just you wait mate

Naah seriously enjoy the little ones while they are little - its fun having house full of exchange student sometimes, its just the fact I am told in the last minute, then they insist they have loads of homework, and need to run off to school so they can't help with clearing the bedroom which is full of their own junk
            Just be hard and move them in there. Let them tidy up. They need to learn.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Boundaries! Sounds like your kids need to learn boundaries and the consequence of going beyond their own!!

Comment

Give them the number for childline and say "If you don't tidy the room you'll be needing this!"

Comment

may be I am over compensating, having to work so hard all the time and sometimes away from home makes me want to do whatever I can for them.

However I really thought they were so thoughtless dumping this on me without offering to help with the tidying up - never mind I did it this time,
                  I already told them no more exchanges, my son's face fell and he looked so disappointed - felt sorry for him !!

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown

I think you're old enough to be my Mum.
                    Call the cops

Comment

Working...
                    X