• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents calls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agents calls

Had numerous calls today, is the market very active at the moment, or are they all recruiting for the same role

Mind you a few of them quoted different clients

Originally posted by SandyDown
    Had numerous calls today, is the market very active at the moment, or are they all recruiting for the same role

Mind you a few of them quoted different clients
    I have dozens of them calling me in the last weeks. Yet, I have had only one interview. Everybody claims that they can't fill the positions and they are desperate to find the right people. I think most of the companies are surveying the market and they not ready to hire permie/contractors at this stage. Perhaps in February/March they'll all rush because the budget has been approved.
    Last edited by Francko; 29 January 2007, 17:10.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

why did someone rate this thread as terrible its very contracting related subject init?

Comment

I had a few calls out of the blue last week....Business Intelligence looks like it is pretty busy, which is nice as I finish on the 23rd

Comment

Guys, do you aks your agent about their cut? are you able to do this and would they be obliged to tell you the truth?

Comment

Guys, do you aks your agent about their cut? are you able to do this and would they be obliged to tell you the truth?
            No, and even if they did tell me I wouldn't trust them.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

why did someone rate this thread as terrible its very contracting related subject init?
              its not about SKA/house prices/muslims and the title doesn't start with "Oh dear"

Therefore not worth more than 1 star
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Most agents won't, but my present one is OK. I know he is telling the truth because the client tells me he is.

<My opinion>
                If used carefuly the behaviour of agents act gives us some leverage.
                The agent is supposed to agree terms with us before putting us forward. If you make one of those terms a disclosure of agents cut then thye accept or not.
                If they lie they will have broken the law.
                It is also possible to make this an opt out issue.</my opinion>
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                X