• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

W@anker Agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W@anker Agents

I have had a conversation with a w@anker agent today, we have agreed on a rate before applying for a role, the client sees my CV and thinks I am more suitable for a more senior role I go to interview this morning, the client really likes me.

The agent calls and says the client really likes you, they want to offer you the job, but at a lower rate (£50 a day less than agreed ) than origianlly agreed ... am so annoyed, I really do like that role and I think I will accept it jsut because its a step up for me, and gets me back into investment banking !

Originally posted by zamzummim
    I have had a conversation with a w@anker agent today, we have agreed on a rate before applying for a role, the client sees my CV and thinks I am more suitable for a more senior role I go to interview this morning, the client really likes me.

The agent calls and says the client really likes you, they want to offer you the job, but at a lower rate (£50 a day less than agreed ) than origianlly agreed ... am so annoyed, I really do like that role and I think I will accept it jsut because its a step up for me, and gets me back into investment banking !
    Hold out for what you agreed, it's just the agnet trying to make more money
    I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

bollocks - tell the pimp its the rate you want or you're off.

You can bet they're just trying to extend their margin...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Zam, I am starting to worry about you. You are coming across as a bit of a push-over.

Stick to the original rate. mate.

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

dont take it. demand the rate agreed. last time I sent the agent back when he tried the same thing and got the extra 50. investment banks don't like recruiting, so when they find someone they like they will pay the advertised rate as it is time and money for them to carry on recruiting. Hold out for the higher rate.
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Hes obviously a taker not a giver.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

This is a game of poker. Do not crack.

Up the ante. You wnet in at a rate for a job, this is a more senior role. Ask for a comensurate (sp) rate.
              Keep pushing.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I say accept the rate - renew once and then move. Medium term move

Comment

Tell the agent you have another offer on the table, but you prefer this one. They have to pay the rate or you'll accept the other (higher) offer.

Have balls!

Comment

You're right about IBs not wanted to go to market again if they have found someone they like. I went for an interview at a big one in London and they had interviewed several b4 me with no luck, but liked me but my rate was 40% higher than advertised -- and they paid it.

So if it's an IB that this role is with, they won't be skimping over 50 quid.

Comment

Working...
                    X