• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Management speak

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Management speak

I've heard some classics in my time, and some that have downright baffled me (and I'm sure other people in the meeting). Today we were asked to
    "lift the kimono"
    on the software, but in the past I've been asked if we can
    "salami slice the proposition",
    "run it up the flagpole and see who salutes it",

and of course make sure that the team is
    "all singing from the same hymn sheet"

Any other readers got any more nonsense corkers like these to add?
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

http://www.bulltulipbingo.net/cards/bulltulip/
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Not so much management speak, but I hate being asked to touch base. Of course there is never a suitable window in my diary

Comment

Web Economy Bulltulip Generator

http://www.dack.com/web/bulltulip.html

Comment

Some neighbours of mine had problems with the estate they were living and had a meeting with the council (I know, I know, but these were not Chavs). The night before I was having a chat with some of them and I said, “If you hear them saying ‘We hear what you are saying and we take it on board’, then you’ll know that they will totally ignore you and the meeting was just a way of shutting you up for a bit”.

Turns out it was exactly the words that were used. Apparently, as soon as he said it there was a big laugh from the people who I was talking to and one of them shouted “That F..ing Bulls ..t” and the meeting nearly ended up in a fight. Anyway, they got there problem solved (repairs and cleaning).
          Last edited by Buffoon; 30 January 2007, 15:53.
          Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Working...
          X