• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working From Home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working From Home

So who's 'working from home' today?

I am. Office was like a morgue. Least I have some sounds on and can surf(er work) in a relaxing environment.

La la la 'My humps, my humps, my lovely lady lumps'
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Does having no contract but being employed by MyCo and posting tulip here count as "working from home"?

Comment

Put it down as networking sock!

How did your interview go?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Got the gig ... well sort of ... but maybe.

They offered me the PM role...with one snag. They have to win the contract first in order to get the project going. However they did say that a) they will know by the end of the week if they won and b) they would more than likley take me on anyway as they have lots of stuff I could do

Nice rate increase (10 %),
        10 Miles from home (15 min commute max),
        18 month project (well 3 x 6 month sub projects).

So all in all not bad. Just waiting on a contract.

Also got another interview for the same company but in a different office so should have something by the end of the week.

Does this make me a real contractor now I have the second one?
        Last edited by Sockpuppet; 31 January 2007, 11:00.

Comment

In the office but could have stayed home as no other bugger turned up.

Heading home at lunch time!
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Nah u need at least 3 gigs to be a real contractor

Comment

Originally posted by Harrysp
              Nah u need at least 3 gigs to be a real contractor
              Bah. It used to be 2. Raising the frikking bar. Like when I turn 25 they'll probably say you need to be 30 in order to get cheaper car insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
                In the office but could have stayed home as no other bugger turned up.

Heading home at lunch time!
                The permies at my current site are all on the working from home gig which means I'm often on my own in the offcie and surprise surprise they are temporarily unavailable if you need to ring them. I've put a bid in for a company laptop to be able to provide "valuable support from my home location" like the rest of them !

Comment

I'm actually in the pool that comes with the villa somewhere near Puerto Rico on Gran Canaria. Laptop wrapped in a transparent 'sharps' bag borrowed from a medical research project I was on many years ago for just this very purpose.

threaded in "think ahead, get a hat" mode
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Over 30s can get their car insurance from oldandconfused.com, I did.

Comment

Working...
                    X