PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Life

OrangeHopper
31st January 2007, 11:58
With all this stuff about el's dates, anyone interested in a mid-life crisis?

HankWangford
31st January 2007, 12:04
With all this stuff about el's dates, anyone interested in a mid-life crisis?

yeah, pour your heart out, remember we have ratings now, make it goood

MarillionFan
31st January 2007, 12:05
Had it when I was 27/28 instead. Thats why I now contract.

Started getting pissed all the time. Pulling anything that moved, drink driving, fighting, smashed my house up!!

Culminated in being arrested twice in two nights, having 3 fights in pubs(one spectacular one at a karaoke night where I put a guys head through a speaker (tee hee), getting my arm dislocated and smashing up the bar in the nightclub under the Grand Hotel in Brighton.

Went and jacked in my high pressure consulting job a week after that.

Been fine since. :cool3:

ratewhore
31st January 2007, 12:05
I had mine some time back, we could compare notes...

:cool2:

OrangeHopper
31st January 2007, 12:08
Sorry, had mine may years ago.

Funny though, wasn't into new car or women. Just shut down and wasn't interested in anything.

Maybe the real thing is yet to come!

Oh, I remember now, I bought myself a very very expensive fishing rod.

xoggoth
31st January 2007, 12:43
Anyone want to hear about my new colostomy bag?

DaveB
31st January 2007, 12:44
I was wondering what the smell was... :D

John Galt
31st January 2007, 12:47
Don't know about a mid life crisis but I am definitely turning into a TOG. Does nothing for the credibility when you wander into the main office and just stand there. Everyone waits expectantly but no I just stand there looking bemused and then wander off again muttering. How can I just forget what I went in there for :o

wendigo100
31st January 2007, 13:12
A real midlife crisis is when you suddenly realise that you are actually in the "great" future you have been hoping for from childhood, and you're now on the way downhill.

gingerjedi
31st January 2007, 13:20
A real midlife crisis is when you suddenly realise that you are actually in the great future you have been hoping for from childhood, and you're now on the way downhill.

That is so true, you build everything up then hit the peak :eek: then come down the other side screaming all the way scared that something is going to go wrong... a bit like skiing really.

jh0711
31st January 2007, 14:22
Don't know about a mid life crisis but I am definitely turning into a TOG. Does nothing for the credibility when you wander into the main office and just stand there. Everyone waits expectantly but no I just stand there looking bemused and then wander off again muttering. How can I just forget what I went in there for

yeah i do that and I am only 33 :(

andy
31st January 2007, 14:42
I am only 38
when does the midlife crisis starts and what are the symptoms ?

OrangeHopper
31st January 2007, 14:45
When you have this sudden overwhelming urge to buy an expensive fishing rod.

I let the others tell you because I'm just too depressed.

jh0711
31st January 2007, 14:47
i want fast cars and faster women - i don't think this is a midlife crisis just all part of growing up!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

gingerjedi
31st January 2007, 14:50
i want fast cars and faster women - i don't think this is a midlife crisis just all part of growing up!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

I've never really understood what a 'fast woman' is... anyone?

wendigo100
31st January 2007, 14:52
I am only 38
when does the midlife crisis starts and what are the symptoms ?The age differs for different people, but for you soon, usually mid-forties.

You won't need to be told what symptoms to look out for. :D

MrsGoof
31st January 2007, 14:58
I've never really understood what a 'fast woman' is... anyone?
you and El Duder should go looking, he appears to not be meeting them at the moment.

el duder
31st January 2007, 15:06
I had mine some time back, we could compare notes...

:cool2:

I turned 30 in sept, and am officially in mid-life crisis. I cant imagine it gets any worse than this, cause if it is due, then i reckon id end up dead.

The amount of stress, up and down emotions, phases of depression and smoking im going through i would expect my body to give in around the age of 50.

I have actually aged 10yrs since my depression has kicked in and its been lasting for waaaaay tooooo long.

gingerjedi
31st January 2007, 15:10
you and El Duder should go looking, he appears to not be meeting them at the moment.

I'm happily married!

AlfredJPruffock
31st January 2007, 16:01
I turned 30 in sept, and am officially in mid-life crisis. I cant imagine it gets any worse than this, cause if it is due, then i reckon id end up dead.

The amount of stress, up and down emotions, phases of depression and smoking im going through i would expect my body to give in around the age of 50.

I have actually aged 10yrs since my depression has kicked in and its been lasting for waaaaay tooooo long.

Crises - what Crises ?

All my life Ive never stopped to worry `bout a thing,
Open up and shout it out,an' never try to sing,
Wondering if Ive done it wrong,
Will this depression last for long?

Wont you tell me ...

Where have all the good times gone. ?

Once we had an easy ride and always felt the same,
Time was on our side and we had everything to gain,
This could be like yesterday,
Me with your happydays,

Where have all the good times gone ?

Ma and pa look back on all the things they used to do,
Never had no money and they always told the truth,
Daddy didnt need no little toys
And mama didnt need no boys

Where have all the Good Times gone ?

PS Mr Pruffock is 46.6 and never been happier

Im happy hope youre happy too

Rantor
31st January 2007, 16:11

Just rememeber that no matter how bad it seems it can always get worse....much, much worse. :suicide:

n5gooner
31st January 2007, 16:12
Kinks - good song..

EternalOptimist
31st January 2007, 16:26
think about all the kids dying in the world today
think about the countries with sh!te regimes
think about the sh1te areas in this country
think about the sh!te jobs people do in this country
think where you might have ended up

you have to be in the top 0.1% of the lucky league

think about the sh!te that people had to put up with in previous generations

you have to be in the top 0.001 % of the all-time lucky league

so , crisis, what crisis

:rolleyes:

n5gooner
31st January 2007, 16:36
Hot flushes as the testosterone level declines are one side effect... (along with the droop... :eek: )

well I've just started gettng the hot flushes :eek: but prehaps thats because I've just had two hot chocs!! :banana: Not a problem with my testosterone ! :hug: :moon:

PRC1964
31st January 2007, 17:11
I have seriously considered buying a pair of slippers. I think that means I qualify.

OrangeHopper
31st January 2007, 17:29
M&S do a good line in slippers.

kramer
31st January 2007, 17:33
i think i qualify to the crisis zone....

a clawing feeling inevitable pointlessness about everything and everyone in my life....

and i'm smoking again