• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mid-Life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mid-Life

With all this stuff about el's dates, anyone interested in a mid-life crisis?

Originally posted by OrangeHopper
    With all this stuff about el's dates, anyone interested in a mid-life crisis?

yeah, pour your heart out, remember we have ratings now, make it goood
    whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

I had mine some time back, we could compare notes...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Had it when I was 27/28 instead. Thats why I now contract.

Started getting pissed all the time. Pulling anything that moved, drink driving, fighting, smashed my house up!!

Culminated in being arrested twice in two nights, having 3 fights in pubs(one spectacular one at a karaoke night where I put a guys head through a speaker (tee hee), getting my arm dislocated and smashing up the bar in the nightclub under the Grand Hotel in Brighton.

Went and jacked in my high pressure consulting job a week after that.

Been fine since.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Sorry, had mine may years ago.

Funny though, wasn't into new car or women. Just shut down and wasn't interested in anything.

Maybe the real thing is yet to come!

Oh, I remember now, I bought myself a very very expensive fishing rod.

Comment

Anyone want to hear about my new colostomy bag?
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I was wondering what the smell was...
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Don't know about a mid life crisis but I am definitely turning into a TOG. Does nothing for the credibility when you wander into the main office and just stand there. Everyone waits expectantly but no I just stand there looking bemused and then wander off again muttering. How can I just forget what I went in there for

Comment

A real midlife crisis is when you suddenly realise that you are actually in the "great" future you have been hoping for from childhood, and you're now on the way downhill.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                    A real midlife crisis is when you suddenly realise that you are actually in the great future you have been hoping for from childhood, and you're now on the way downhill.
                    That is so true, you build everything up then hit the peak then come down the other side screaming all the way scared that something is going to go wrong... a bit like skiing really.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X