• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best places to stay in Cornwall

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best places to stay in Cornwall

Anyone recommend a nice beach resort in Cornwall?

Went to Newquay and it was full of hen/stag parties. Not nice.

Maybe somewhere on the southern tip?

Any views on nice beaches, quaint towns appreciated.

http://www.cornwall-online.co.uk/wes.../mousehole.htm

Comment

How about Perranporth or St. Agnes. They are less touristy than Newquay

Mousehole (prounounced mowzole) is a small fishing villiage. It doesn't have much of a beach.
      Last edited by sparklelard; 31 January 2007, 13:00.
      Do you think people who pack the confectionary into boxes at fudge making factories tell people what they do for a living?

Comment

Stayed on the Lizard (sorry Zeity) for 6 weeks when at Uni. Lovely part of the world.
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Padstow. Visitr Rick Steins seafood place.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Woolacombe & Croyde are both very nice clean & quiet beach resorts with good pubs for hearty food, Watergate bay is also nice but Jamie Oliver's 15 restaurant is attracting too many tourists, all these are on the north coast though.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

St Ives is lush. Barbara Hepworth museum and the Tate are there if you are into that kind of thing. If you go down that far then you can do the rugged north coast cliffs and beaches (my family comes from Zennor, very bleak and beautiful this time of year) and also do the beaches on the south coast, Praa Sands and the like.

Great time of year to go down, not too many emmets .

Comment

I love St Ives too ... and also Boscastle but it's only fishing village and doesn't have its own beach, plus you have to be careful of flash foods.

Should be a problem for super swimmers like you though prawny
                "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

I believe ShauBhoy lives in that end of the country ! he should know...

Comment

I recommend St Ives lovely place and good steak, oh really really good steak. Apart from that everything else was fine..
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X