• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I ******* Psychic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I ******* Psychic

NO!
    bloudy permies.

Just Spent 2 hours reviewing a document only to find out it's an old version and it has changed lots

and relax
    Maybe I'll try and start smoking again.
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Fecking Amateur. Ought to have checked the revision dates mate, that's what the professionals would do.

SB in "there's always one" mode
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
      NO!
      bloudy permies.

Just Spent 2 hours reviewing a document only to find out it's an old version and it has changed lots

and relax
      Maybe I'll try and start smoking again.
      Calm down dear its only a contract !

Comment

Sounds like you need Sockpuppet to implement some version control for you....

Do the words "uncontrolled if printed" mean anything?

Comment

Know how you feel, was asked to set up a meeting with the rest of the useless team to review some technical documents, I actually had the latest version, the PM gave it to me, so I sent out an invite to all the people involved attaching the documents to be reviewed, I mentioned in the email if anyone thinks these are not the latest versions then please forward the latest to everyone - I get an answer back from one fat pillock confirming the documents I sent are correct and they are the latest versions.

Everyone turned up for the meeting - the IT developer, oh I completely forgot and didn't bother reading the document, the fat data mapping pillock who confirmed my versions were correct brought in with him completely different documents not even related to our meeting, hence didn't read it, the rest also couldn't be bothered to read it for the review - I was the only one who read the documentation (and that wasn't even my job )

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
            Sounds like you need Sockpuppet to implement some version control for you....

Do the words "uncontrolled if printed" mean anything?

heh last client I was with - the PM dismissed the idea of shared drive, documents were flying around by email, no one knew what was the latest or anything, the only version control implemented was when I suggested to insert a document history at the start of each document

Comment

... bloody permies ...
              Who are you calling a permie?

Hope it wasn't one of my documents.

I'm thinking about doing a Mercator tree for the fun of it this afternoon!

Comment

Sandy , out of interest which data mapping tool do you use there??

Comment

i especially like it when you spend months on a project get it signed off get half the testing done etc etc etc etc

and then the people who were supposed to review it 6 months ago and agree it suddenly decide to actually do some work and suddenly realise they have not got a firkin clue what is going on and so try to stop the whole project while they try to catchup

then they moan that you may need to take their staff away for training/uat for 1-2 whole days

why they think it will take 5 minutes to train all their staff (who must be less intelligent, commited and motivated than them as they are paid less) when it has taken 6 months for them to realise they have signed off something they do not understand I do not know.

bunch of f**kwits

Comment

I must also add those same fu*k wits have been sat in project review meetings for the past 6 months nodding sagely at how well things are going and commenting on how much of a benefit to the company this will be....

from now on nothing is being signed off by anyone until they have passed a basic exam on the project so at least we can all rest assured that they are actually signing something off they understand.

Comment

Working...
                    X