• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public Sector and Strikes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public Sector and Strikes

Anybody else working in the public sector and affected by a strike today ?

I'm half temped to add on a bit of danger money on my next invoice for breaking the picket line !!
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Originally posted by Bluebird

I'm half temped to add on a bit of danger money on my next invoice for breaking the picket line !!
    scab
    Call the cops

Comment

What strike? I hadn't noticed.

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/6314583.stm

Comment

and the sais version

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6315901.stm

Comment

Some people here have booked the day off so it looks like they have solidarity with their fellow comrades... the rest don't need an excuse to sit around doing sod all!
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I don't think Wales shutting down for the day will be noticed to be honest.
              Call the cops

Comment

Members of the Public and Commercial Service (PCS) union are walking out over plans to cut more than 100,000 civil service jobs.
                They were happy enough to approve all those fraudulent work permits that put many British IT staff out of work.
                It makes I larf.
                Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
                  I don't think Wales shutting down for the day will be noticed to be honest.

If this was big brother I'd have you up for racism

Comment

If this was big brother I'd have you up for racism
                    But it's not is it Taffy??
                    Call the cops

Comment

Working...
                    X