• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

poker harms marriage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

poker harms marriage

A Murmansk gambler lost his wife in a poker game when he ran out of cash and laid his other half on the table, Ananova reports.

Unfortunately for Andrei Karpov, when winning opponent Sergey Brodov arrived to claim his prize, his wife Tatiana was "so angry" she opted for a divorce.

She thundered: "It was humiliating and I was utterly ashamed. But as soon as my ex-husband did that I knew I had to leave him."

In a heartwarming twist which disproves once-and-for-all the old "lucky at cards, unlucky at love" proverb, Tatiana started a relationship with Brodov and subsequently married him.

She enthused: "Sergey was a very handsome, charming man and I am very happy with him, even if he did 'win' me in a poker game.
    Older and ...well, just older!!

This could be a lesson for AtW. Do not waste time in useless SKAs but instead learn poker skills.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

El duder learning snap?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
        In a heartwarming twist which disproves once-and-for-all the old "lucky at cards, unlucky at love" proverb, Tatiana started a relationship with Brodov and subsequently married him.
        So the final outcome was that she allowed her husband to honour his gambling debt
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
        X