• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why does Animals have more rights?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does Animals have more rights?

why ? why? huh? why?
    Last edited by SandyDown; 31 January 2007, 18:19.

Why do animals have more rights?

hth
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
      Why do animals have more rights?

hth

corrected it - thanks

Comment

Because animals are NICE (except kittens) and not horrible like people.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Because they've got better trade unions.

Comment

I believe that animals serve a purpose, and that their purpose is to fulfill their biological imperative, namely, to reproduce.

However, evolution seems to have dropped the ball on this one.

I mean, c'mon, how many fekking flies, cockroaches, worms, rabbits, cats, dogs, and the rest do we need for crying out loud ?

It's like evolution has been instructed to execute an infinite LOOP.

Therefore, it's our job, as good programmers, to rewrite the code, and prevent design error mutations.

Hence, we eat, shoot, kill, stab, wear and maim the little fekkers.

Not because we are evil.

But because we are tidying up the code.
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Denny, how does owning a pet impact on your IR35 status?

Comment

They taste good.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                  A dog provides a useful doorbell alert service, mail collector and phone ring tone monitor for when I am looking for new contracts and happen to be in the shower or garden. They are also useful as a stress buster when you are out for a long walk. Therefore, they could be construed as 'staff' of your business who get paid in biscuits, meaty tit bits and fuss instead of money, the cost of which I claim as tax deductable expense. I have yet to ask Qudos about the viability of transferring company shares to the 'Doogles' of this world yet though.

Employing staff is a clear pointer to IR35 exemption.

Denny, you are the man, errr, woman!

Comment

Working...
                  X