• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sofas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sofas

Need new sofa and a couple of armcharis, prefer leather - what's the best place ?

Don't want to go to DFS, its all the way up north from me ( in dreaded Banbury )

Don't get leather!

Leather sofas are a sure sign of someone who has more money than taste.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
      Don't get leather!

Leather sofas are a sure sign of someone who has more money than taste.

or perhaps sure sign of someone who has kids who keep accidentally spilling drinks on the furniture and often accidentally forget to take shoes off before putting their feet up ???

I've had leather for years, my old sofa is getting tatty now... so glad I went for leather before, my sofa stood the test since they were babies, all the puking and other accident !!

Comment

Furniture Village is better than DFS.

Beware the upright leather sofa you will always been sliding off. Ours are 80s Canberra and still going strong.

Comment

Just bought our leather sofa from here - with power recliners! Don't forget to bargain for your additional "employees" discount. And pay in cash.

SCS Sofas
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper
            Furniture Village is better than DFS.

Beware the upright leather sofa you will always been sliding off. Ours are 80s Canberra and still going strong.

Completely agree re the sliding down, some make them all attached together ( went to see furniture village today) they look as it they have so many cushions but actually its all attached together.

I also had my leather set since early nineties, it was the best buy I ever made, the frame and is fantastic, but the leather is very old now, tried to get the covers to be redone (using leather material), but that would be a lot more expensive than buying new set

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
              Just bought our leather sofa from here - with power recliners! Don't forget to bargain for your additional "employees" discount. And pay in cash.

SCS Sofas

Which one did you go for ? how long did it take them to deliver?

Comment

Anyone remembers Frasier Crane (the radio psychiatric ) - he had a gorgeous leather sofa !! I want one like that
                Last edited by SandyDown; 31 January 2007, 19:38.

Comment

OK - am looking like a silly billy answering myself - but just in case anyone interested , I found this

heheheh - others had the same idea

http://www.frasieronline.co.uk/forum...9292c96f89f7e7

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD

SCS Sofas
                    With the rate these sofa companies go bust taking your money with them, I think I'd be inclined to use a credit card.

In any case, I am a bit puzzled as this is a contractors' board. Do you not do as I do and send your man along to Philippe Starck to discuss your requirements and arrange for them to design a bespoke solution?

Comment

Working...
                    X