• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

who can be my Secretary ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who can be my Secretary ?

Asked simply : Can my secretary for my new Ltd be my one-eyed grand ma who lives somewhere in the jungles of India, has 3 crocodile pets, doesn't wear clothes , but is a human. ?

mmmmmm, Sounds like my type of woman. Any pictures ?

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk
      Asked simply : Can my secretary for my new Ltd be my one-eyed grand ma who lives somewhere in the jungles of India, has 3 crocodile pets, doesn't wear clothes , but is a human. ?
      Maybe...
      But you can ask a specialized company for that; you should pay around GBP 100 for this kind of service.

Comment

Your secretary has to be able to sign some forms. You can choose whoever you like as long as they can meet this requirement.

tim

Comment

I didn't think you needed a secretary for small Ltd's any more?!

Comment

Originally posted by Goya
            I didn't think you needed a secretary for small Ltd's any more?!
            The new Companies Act 2006 has removed the need for a company secretary for small companies, however this is not yet effective. We are wiating for the exact date this will be effective.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk
              My Cat has 49% of the shares.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
                My Cat has 49% of the shares.
                I only have one share. Where did I go wrong

Comment

does the secretary need to be a UK resident ?

Comment

As it stands at present the secretary has to sign certain things - e.g. tax vouchers for dividends. Might be hard to do that if you are here and the Co secretary is in Jamaica!

Comment

Working...
                    X