• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6320399.stm

"... kept secret at the request of the Met Police."
    Johnny Talibani Mumbai

Comment

Let's hope he's going down ! The move by the police to "perverting the course of justice" is encouraging but I suspect they'll wriggle out of it or send out a sacrificial lamb like the woman arrested last week.

Comment

It was quite interesting to see this being discussed on the Daily Politics. The NuLabour drones were very peeved that the police aren't behaving like a tame judicial review, complaining that they are exceeding their brief or stepping outside of the original terms of reference. One drone even had the cheek to say, "it's not the job of the police to go sniffing around looking to dig up evidence of wrongdoings in number 10".

Comment

They'll get out of it by offering MBE's etc.. to the investigators
          Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

I reckon they wanted it kept quiet cause Tones grassed up Levy.

Levy will take em all down when he goes mind.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Levy will do the honourable thing... and top 'imself... allegedly...

Comment

Can somebody remind me of what is the minimum number of people that are required for a 'conspiracy'? How come only one person has been arested for it?
                Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
                  Can somebody remind me of what is the minimum number of people that are required for a 'conspiracy'? How come only one person has been arested for it?
                  Four people have been arrested (and released on bail) so far.

Des Smith - alleged to have said that sponsors of city academies could expect a gong in return for their generosity.

Lord Levy (twice) - as we know, both on suspicion of the original charge and now for perverting the course of justice.

Sir Christopher Evans - alleged to have sought (and got) a gong in return for loans to the Labour party.

Ruth Turner - director of goverment relations, alleged to be suspected of hampering the police enquiry.

Comment

William Hill
                    Blair Arrest Odds Cut From 12/1 To 7/1
                    Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Working...
                    X