• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cashing a Candian cheque

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cashing a Candian cheque

My bank tells me that it will take 8 weeks (yes folks 2 months) to cash a cheque issued by a Canadian bank.

Is this what our 21st Century, computerised, e-business, connected world requires to move a sum of money from one bank to another?

No. But it does help their profits.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964
      No. But it does help their profits.
      Your avatar is turning me into a lesbian!
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
        Can I watch?
        Call the cops

Comment

I got the same speil when I tried to pay a US Dollars cheque into my account (they fecked up the IBN transfer 5 times). After speaking to someone knowledgeable at head office it seems all banks offer a service whereby the cheque can be cleared in 10 days but if there is a problem months down the line they can claw it back.

I stated that the company issuing the cheque was reputable, filled in a few forms and got the dosh in a week.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

I definately don't want them clawing it back later. It is a personal cheque for some money owed to me, that I owe to someone else. Don't ask.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
              I thought you didnt like (slim) women?

Comment

How about asking the source to try a SWIFT transfer?
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

They said they can only pay be cheque. Alarm bells are ringing. I had assumed such a cheque would clear in a week, two max. Fecking 8 weeks. cnuts.

Comment

Not even a foreign bank draft? ie: the funds are garanteed . Probably have your cash in a few days.

Otherwise it could take nine weeks and cost you a hefty amount in fees and a crap exchange rate.

Where are these twits located in Can BTW?
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                    X