• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Embarrassing moments...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embarrassing moments...

I work at a client's site where you'd look like a right plonker if you didn't wear a suit like the rest of 'em. And indeed - whenever 'dress down Fridays' come along I'll take advantage of them, as I hate wearing a suit.

So, today, what do I do? Completely forget it's Friday and leave the house in the uniform of dull corporate mediocrity. B*llocks.

Spookily (and it must be my subconscious coming to the rescue) I'd decided to throw some casual clothes in my bag to change into at the end of the day, not wanting to travel home in formal gear.

So today - I'm very dressed down. Oh that could have been embarrassing.

Originally posted by zeitghost
    I've never worked anywhere in a suit...

Us engineering types don't get to do that...
    Same here...

Besides, couldn't following a dress code (especially including dress-down Fridays) be considered Direction and Control and affect IR35 status?
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Came to work this morning and noticed just in time my top was inside out - missus never said anything before I left the house !

Comment

I always operate a dress down Friday - even if the client doesn't
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

I am always undressed on Fridays.

Whooooaaa. Look at my!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme
            Came to work this morning and noticed just in time my top was inside out - missus never said anything before I left the house !
            That's the fashion now!

On my first day at Microsoft last year I turned up in a suit - everyone thought I was a security guard.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
              Same here...

Besides, couldn't following a dress code (especially including dress-down Fridays) be considered Direction and Control and affect IR35 status?
              I think anyone who's worked in the business side of a bank knows you don't turn up on a floor where clients meet their clients wearing combats and a ripped T-Shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
                I work at a client's site where you'd look like a right plonker if you didn't wear a suit like the rest of 'em. And indeed - whenever 'dress down Fridays' come along I'll take advantage of them, as I hate wearing a suit.

So, today, what do I do? Completely forget it's Friday and leave the house in the uniform of dull corporate mediocrity. B*llocks.

Spookily (and it must be my subconscious coming to the rescue) I'd decided to throw some casual clothes in my bag to change into at the end of the day, not wanting to travel home in formal gear.

So today - I'm very dressed down. Oh that could have been embarrassing.

I once forgot to wear any pants, and when coming back from the toilet in the office also forgot to zip up, and had my todger hanging out for all the open plan office to see.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                  I am always undressed on Fridays.

Whooooaaa. Look at my!
                  I'm trying.....I cant make anything out...

The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
                    I once forgot to wear any pants, and when coming back from the toilet in the office also forgot to zip up, and had my todger hanging out for all the open plan office to see.

That's the fashion now!

Todger - a good, earthy word.

Comment

Working...
                    X