• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Sleeze

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Sleeze

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6321375.stm

An inquiry has been opened into the charitable status of a think-tank following complaints over its reported links with Chancellor Gordon Brown.
    The Charity Commission said it had new information which raised "concerns" about some of the work of the left-of-centre Smith Institute.

The Tories called for an inquiry after claims a subsidiary group had held a seminar on how to beat David Cameron.

The think-tank also employed Mr Brown's ally Ed Balls. It denies wrongdoing.

It's all coming out of the woodwork now!
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Originally posted by _V_
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6321375.stm

An inquiry has been opened into the charitable status of a think-tank following complaints over its reported links with Chancellor Gordon Brown.
    The Charity Commission said it had new information which raised "concerns" about some of the work of the left-of-centre Smith Institute.

The Tories called for an inquiry after claims a subsidiary group had held a seminar on how to beat David Cameron.

The think-tank also employed Mr Brown's ally Ed Balls. It denies wrongdoing.

It's all coming out of the woodwork now!
    Our beloved Chancellor involved in a tax-avoidance scam (tax breaks being one of the good points about being a charity), I can't believe that, but if it's true he should resign immediately.
    Last edited by ZZZZ Snoozer; 2 February 2007, 12:47.
    Why the avatar? Well anyone accused of plotting against Gordon Brown can't be all bad.

Comment

The blogger Guido Fawkes is the one to thank for this.

18DoughtyStreet.com is also fun on their TV channel. They are the ones that did the 'What will they tax next?' Video.
      Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Not surprising that Ed Mauls, sorry Balls was MIA on Question Time last night. All that sweating and stammering wouldn't have looked good for the Dark Lord of the Sith, Brown.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
          Not surprising that Ed Mauls, sorry Balls was MIA on Question Time last night. All that sweating and stammering wouldn't have looked good for the Dark Lord of the Sith, Brown.
          Dark Lord of the Sith? You mean big fat wanker, don't you?

Comment

Working...
          X