• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Notice period?!?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice period?!?

If i am in a contract with a 4 week notice period, but still in the 1st month of the contract, can i give less notice to the agent to terminate?

I have found a contract that will reduce my driving time to 2 hrs a day from 5 so want to get out asap.

Thanks

Mailman

Tough.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman_1
      If i am in a contract with a 4 week notice period, but still in the 1st month of the contract, can i give less notice to the agent to terminate?

I have found a contract that will reduce my driving time to 2 hrs a day from 5 so want to get out asap.

Thanks

Mailman

You drive 5 hours a day?

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

read the contract [ which you should have done before signing ] - some say that they can be terminated by either party giving x weeks/days notice within first month - this is normally used so the agent can get rid of you if your are cr@p.
        Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Tell 'em someone carked it and u have 2 chip straight away innit.

Comment

Or do what I did once. Walked into the office saying I had almost been killed in a car acccident while driving the 2 hours to the office.

Next day phoned in to say I was too scared to drive and that my health was more important.

Easy. Started new contract the following day.

Agents never believe the 'carked' it line.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman_1

Thanks

Mailman
              There you go again MF - you get a new contract and within a month you either leave or get the sack !! pleaaase make up your mind before accepting and stick to it ..

Well least am not the only one who pulls such tricks

Comment

Working...
              X