• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Air Con

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Con

Has anybody got air con in their home office?

how much did it cost/who installed it/ best brand/ portable or split ?

Air con uses energy which in turn means more fossil fuels and therefore Global Warming in the UK.

Best bet is to just sit by the fridge and leave the door open.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishface
      Has anybody got air con in their home office?

how much did it cost/who installed it/ best brand/ portable or split ?
      We pay a punkawalla $1.00 a day plus rice.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

One of Cage Nicolas's better films.
        Why the avatar? Well anyone accused of plotting against Gordon Brown can't be all bad.

Comment

Yes. Wall mounted Daikin. 12,000 Btu. £1,400 fitted. Cordell Engineering, Surrey/Middx. Extremely quiet and low noise, econo mode, night mode.

I have around 4 monitors, UPS, routers etc and 6 servers running and despite the cooling cabinet, it still gets hot so a/c is vital. The other thing is, if you get a cheap B&Q unit and a client phones you and complains about the noise, it's all very embarassing.

Don't be fooled by cheap diy units - very noisy, split pipes, coolant problems on pressurisation and high risk of failure. And if the outside unit sound like an aluminium Falcon on startup, your neighbours may have a right to complain about the noise in their garden (and rightly so).

Also the portable ones may be cheap at a couple of hundred, they are noisier than a wife on the rag.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Very true.

Mine has sat in the cupboard under the stairs since I bought it...

Aircon that is, not the wife.
            I have both under the cupboard. When it's hot, I get the B&Q portable out. When it's cold, I get the wife and her hot air out. Obviously, because of "Global Scamming", the wife doesn't get out much since last year and the tax rises...
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I got a portable one, basically wont be in the flat for more than a year so didnt want a fitted one.

It ist noisy but just either put it on a long time before bed or wear ear plugs

Comment

fook me air con this time of year?

blooming freezing last night, pure baltic this morning, in fact i felt this little ice cube between my thighs when i woke up this morning , i threw it the fire and it went.... fart
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X