• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forced Leave

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forced Leave

Hi, has anybody experienced a client forcing it's contractors to take 3 weeks unpaid leave over Christmas?

As a contractor at the lower end of the scale this is going to hit pretty hard, I work through an Umbrella Co under IR35, can they actually do this?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Not experienced this myself.

I guess it all depends upon the terms of the contract. Have a good read and if in doubt then seek professional advice.

It sounds like it might be a pointer to being outside IR35 but I am guessing that the permanent staff are treated the same way so maybe not?

Comment

can't see what this has to do, in any way shape or form, with IR35 status
      It can be provisioned for in the terms of the contract (whether contract is IR35 friendly or not)
      It can also exist in a permie contract

It has nothing to do whatsoever with IR35 status

Comment

Got it the other way round...need to be here because of all the stuff thats going on.

Personally...I wouldnt work for anyone who dictated when I could and couldnt come in...specially when I lose out mullah wise!

Mailman

Comment

They are doing it here "6 days off over Christmas", but PMs have the options to exclude their contractors, which they all seem to have done.

Well that was a worthwhile exercise then.

Comment

Read your @#%$

Only your contract will te you whether or not they can do this.

Comment

Re: Read your @#%$

I guess if they dont need you there then there is no point in argueing with them?

Mailman

Comment

Working...
              X