• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brollies that don't require agency regs opt out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brollies that don't require agency regs opt out

I'd pretty much decided to go with Parasol as my brolly of choice. Then I read their T&Cs.

9 Opt-out

The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (herein the "Regulations") permit you to opt out of certain parts of the Regulations. You hereby confirm you wish to opt out and you hereby give us your authority to sign, on your behalf, any notice to opt out of the Regulations. You agree that an opt out notice may be given in accordance with Regulation 32 of the Regulations on each occasion that either a proposed Client, or you, inform us of any proposed new contract
    That seems a bit off. My opt in (or opt out) is between the agency and myself, thanks very much. Parasol aren't going to know about a contract until I've been for at least the first interview (by which time it's too late to opt out anyway).

Anyone run in this before, or know of a reputable brolly that doesn't have this sort of clause in their T&Cs?

I wouldn't worry about it. It's not worth the paper that its printed on. In addition to the intermediatory signing the agreement the worker has to as well.

If you don't personally sign an opt out, it is void.

(and FWIW I don't believe that a person working through a brolly counts as a "worker who is a limited company", so the opt out isn't available any way)

tim

Comment

Working...
    X