• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I need a holiday!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a holiday!

I dreamt of yield curves, excel and stuff like that last night. Saturday night was just as bad. I am a sick man. Being off the booze is NOT good for me.

I was planning to get away just after Easter, when the prices go back down. I think I might move that forward and try to get a way next month.
    Drivel is my speciality

Why not make the most of your increased income through contracting and get away for 'a month' rather than 'next month'?

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

1) 'coz I'm not a contractor anymore. Got a proper business now. Can't take too long away on the road. I can do most things with remote connections to my network, but it's risky for longer trips.

2) there are other non-business reason why I can't disappear for more than a week.
      Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
        I dreamt of yield curves, excel and stuff like that last night. Saturday night was just as bad. I am a sick man. Being off the booze is NOT good for me.

I was planning to get away just after Easter, when the prices go back down. I think I might move that forward and try to get a way next month.

yield curves? you in IB?

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
          Why not make the most of your increased income through contracting and get away for 'a month' rather than 'next month'?

How about 2 months !

Comment

Just looked on BA's website fly to Miami this Wednesday morning back the following Wednesday £287.80.

But get this Price £132, Taxes, fees, charges and surcharges per person £155.80 Total £287.80. Thanks el Gordo, bloody taxes are more than the flight.

I soooooo want to press the "Continue to payment page" button! But I've got to get some stuff done.

Oh well, kettles boiled now. Make my tea and back to work.
            Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Think of your Carbon footprint.

Ride a horse to Bognor. It's the future!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                Think of your Carbon footprint.

Ride a horse to Bognor. It's the future!
                Well you know what the Prince Regent said about Bognor, can't argue with that.

But having a long weekend in the UK might be an idea.
                Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Working...
                X